I’d love to hear from you!
Please feel free to fill out the form below to contact me with questions, thoughts, or comments on my Christian devotional books. Or you’re welcome to email me directly at kristiburchfiel @ gmail dot com
What does it mean to be “saved?”
Lots of people hear this phrase and wonder what that refers to. Below is a reference to help you understand what this refers to and what is involved. Being saved doesn’t mean you are perfect. Far from it. It just means that you recognize that you need Jesus Christ’s gift of salvation and you have accepted it and are now allowing Him to lead your life.
We are all sinners
- Romans 3:23—for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- Isaiah 53:6—We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all
The result of our sin is that we all deserve death
- Romans 6:23—For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- God paid the penalty for our sins on our behalf through the death of his Son, Jesus Christ
- Romans 5:8—But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- 1 Peter 3:18—For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
When we acknowledge our sin and understand God’s free gift of salvation, accept God’s gift and allow Him to be Lord of our life, he saves us.
- Romans 10:9-10, 13—that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Admit that you are a sinner, believe that God has provided a way through Jesus for you to be saved, and confess or pray to God and ask Him to be the Lord of your life. He loves you!
- John 1:12—But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, even to those who believe in His name.
- John 17:3—Now this is eternal life; that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
If you make a decision to follow Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, I would love to hear about it!